Product Line Manager
Tuffman Equipment is a premier manufacturer of material recovery equipment, specializing in sorting stations, trommel screens, crossbelt magnets and conveyors. Relaunched in 2018 as an all new entity, Tuffman is positioned to supply markets globally.
We are currently looking for a qualified Product Line Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for all aspects of the Company’s sales, marketing and product management functions for their assigned product category. Primary responsibilities include developing, coordinating and implementing the strategic and tactical plan for the sales, marketing, product management and sales representative development functions of the Company. The Product Line Sales Manager will report to the Director of North American Sales.
- Recognize potential equipment and aftermarket sales applications.
- Take responsibility for prospecting customers, presenting company and products, working out specific solutions and putting together quotes toward negotiating contracts and closing the deal.
- Responsible for developing well‐defined product specifications, and for the overall design integrity of all products.
- Take a proactive approach with industry directors and component sales managers, as well as partnering with engineering, and other departments, to provide customers with competitive and accurate proposals.
- Responsible for achieving sales quota and profit margin targets for assigned region.
- Follow‐up with customers before and after sale.
- Continually monitor the acceptability by the market of the company’s products in terms of quality, price, performance and suitability. Prepare reports with recommendations and findings.
- Responsible for timely, efficient and accurate invoicing of all shipped orders.
- Oversee and work with group members to continually improve the Sales Department in all of its functions.
- Maintain weekly communication with Director of NA Sales, with updates on outstanding quotations and objectives, as well as submittal of quarterly regional sales strategic plans.
- Execute clear directives as required by upper management, including, but not limited to, case studies, anticipated call reports, execution of lead tracker contact and follow up, regular reviews, and SCOPE engagement.
- Achieve cooperation and collaboration among team members, including accountability of actions and behaviors.
- Support directives and direct reports adherence to these directives, behaviors, and values.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or related field is strongly preferred.
- 3‐5 years of capital equipment/process sales experience.
- Vibratory equipment, material handling, and recycling equipment and process knowledge a plus.
- Prior corporate/key account management experience.
- Working knowledge of CAD preferred.
- Solid “Value Focused” sales skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Demonstrate objectivity, professionalism, integrity and honesty in dealing with people at all levels and facilitates an environment for open and honest discussion.
Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(K), on the job training, development and much more.